Saturday, May 3, 2008

Another new lens in my collection - yippeeeee!!!!!

Yay! I had always wanted to venture into the realm of M42 lenses ever since I saw the photos from an 8mm Peleng lens more than a year ago. But I decided to introduce myself gently into this format (meaning not spend too much money on it). At the end, I purchased this nice Vivitar Auto 135mm f2.8 M42 mount lens. It was in very, very good condition. The aperture blades and focusing ring works exceptionally smooth. I'm ecstatic with it! Here are some photos of the lens attached to my Sony A100 dslr:



Well, after the hype of seeing how this thing looked like in flesh, what else can I do? Well, shoot some sample photos with this new lens of course! Here are some sample photos from around the house. Look at the bokeh from this lens! One thing though, since this M42 mount was created ages ago before the invention of Autofocus, everything is manual on this lens. The focusing and aperture setting had to be done manually. For me, who came from the manual slr film days (I started of with a Canon AV-1 slr), this is indeed a refreshing return back to basic photography technique.





I'm surprised really at how good the picture quality from this lens is. Considering the fact that I paid USD 21.00 for this lens, I think I have every reason to be satisfied with this lens. Now I have one more toy to play with. :)

No comments: