Monday, June 30, 2008

Self Potrait

It is very difficult for a photographer to do a decent potrait of themselves. It is true. Well, at least it is for me. I can have a million ideas to direct models to pose, but I can never get a decent pose of myself! Isn't that an oxymoron?

Anyway, I was playing around with my Sony A700 dslr last night and decided to experiment with the wireless flash feature of this camera. It came built-in the A700 and the only other element it required is the external flash, which I have (HVL-F56AM). Fired a few shots to tweak the settings and finally got a shot that I liked. And it is this shot. Finally managed to get a self-potrait! OK, so it is not a photo of my face, but it is still a photo of me. Hehehe...

I think it came out quite nice eh?

4 comments:

Japrin said...

Bro.. i didn't know that you got a blog.. :) You never mention about this! Hehe.. well, I know it now and will put it at my blog too.. :)

Sham Kien Yee said...

Thanks bro for visiting and dropping a line in here. This is more of a test-test kinda thing so still not a very active blog at the moment.

Hope to make it a more active blog in the future.

Japrin said...

walaupun ko mungkin tak akan membuat replying atau posting nanti namun sia terpaksa tagg ko juga di sini.. :) You have been tagg boss!!

Judith Toh Rui Xuan said...

hey there. i am finding a sony alpha camera bag which i saw you had on http://www.shutterasia.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10750. i know it has been ages since that post but is it still around? i'm from sg and hope to get it. =D
email me at judith1991@hotmail.com?